A heatmap is a graphical representation of how users interact with your website. It’s used to track and quantify users’ actions on a website, including mouse movement, clicks, and scrolling.
A heatmap analysis aims to learn more about the way visitors use your website and uncover website elements that might be distracting them from making a purchase.
Why your website needs a heatmap analysis
Performing a heatmap analysis is a crucial step in the conversion rate optimization process. It can help you:
- Eliminate distracting website elements
- Optimize your call-to-action buttons
- Identify overlooked or ignored elements of your website
A heatmap analysis will provide you with a huge amount of information that you’ll be able to use to optimize your website for conversions.
What does a heatmap analysis include?
When performing a heatmap analysis, I use three different types of heatmaps:
- Movement maps – Track users’ mouse movement to reveal patterns in the way users navigate your website. They can also help you understand where visitors are looking while on a page.
- Scroll maps – Allow you to understand how far down the page do visitors scroll when on your website. You can use this information to determine where to place important website elements, such as call-to-action buttons or trust signals.
- Click maps – Show where users are clicking when on your website. Click maps can help you discover whether users might be clicking on website elements that look like buttons or links but actually aren’t.
I will use specialized software to perform heatmap analysis on your website. Once I gather an adequate amount of data, I will create a report that outlines findings and discovered issues, and includes recommendations on how to address them.
A heatmap analysis is just a piece of the puzzle
A heatmap analysis is just one step in the CRO process. My conversion rate optimization service also includes:
- A Google Analytics audit
- Heuristic evaluation
- Competitive research
- Usability testing
- Copy testing
- Website surveys
- Customer surveys
- A/B testing
Interested? Book your free consultation call today and learn how I can help you increase your website’s conversion rate.